Who we are
Skilllab is a social business developing technology-based solutions to empower employment services to better integrate refugees into local labour markets.
Only one out of four refugees participate in the European labour market. At the same time, companies suffer from a significant shortage of skilled labour.
Successfully placing refugees and asylum seekers into jobs is a key priority for municipal employment agencies. But, case managers and career coaches often struggle to provide effective career counselling to job seekers with refugee status.
- Language barriers make meaningful conversations difficult
- Diverse work experiences create unclarity about a person’s skills
- Labour market complexity makes it difficult to translate a person’s skills to jobs
- Incomplete or poorly designed resumes reduce chances for job interviews
Skilllab’s mobile app is a personal career assistant that makes professional career pathways into local jobs, education and volunteering visible.
With Skilllab’s assessment tools, refugees identify and document their professional skills fast and in their native languages and explore professional career pathways they could pursue in a given labour market.
Job seekers, case managers and career coaches use the resulting Skill Profiles to improve career planning, job search and vocational training.
Impact on job seekers
- Easily capture and present skills and knowledge gained during their lives
- Better understand their personal skillsets and how they relate to career and learning pathways
- Automatically generate detailed and well-designed CVs
- Empower refugees to more actively participate in society through volunteering, education and employment
Benefits for municipal case managers
- Quickly understand a refugee’s complete skillset
- Lower communication, cultural and language barriers
- Better insights for more effective and personalised career counseling
- Increased chances of placing refugees into the right jobs faster
- Inform data-driven policy-making and programme design