Three Tips for your Job Application
At SkillLab, we envision a world where everyone has a pathway to employment. Through our skill profiling solution, we empower people to turn their skills into careers.
As an employer, we also want to put our vision into practice. Read this blogpost to get three tips for your job application at SkillLab. Even if you are not interested in SkillLab, these insights will be useful to apply for any job.
→ Check our open job postings
(1) Understand our product and what we do
Lack of preparation remains the number one reason why we have to reject job applications at SkillLab.
Through LinkedIn and other job portals you can apply for jobs with the click of a button. This makes it easy for you to apply for a job. However, it also creates the risk that you apply for a job for which you have a bad fit.
Before applying at SkillLab, please:
- Take the time to read the job posting and understand what we are looking for.
(2) Ask yourself why you would be excited to work at SkillLab
We often get vague, short or generic answers to the questions that we ask in our job application form.
You can stand out from the crowd, by taking the time to reflect:
- What excites me to work at SkillLab, compared to other companies?
- How do I relate to SkillLab’s vision of creating pathways to employment for everyone?
- How do my experiences prepare me to meet the requirements for the role?
Answering these questions allows you to craft a stronger job application.
(3) Use our skill profiling solution to apply for a job at SkillLab
We receive CVs in various formats: Some clear and well-designed, others unstructured and in a poor design.
You can use our skill profiling solution for free to prepare your job application to SkillLab. Using our solution, you will:
- Create and export a CV that you can upload in our application form
- Identify the skills you gained through past experiences
- Understand what careers - next to working at SkillLab - might be interesting for you