Version 1 – Approved on June 17th 2020
Skilllab is committed to compliance with GDPR regulations and encourages you to know your rights under GDPR by visiting the GDPR website. If you have any questions, or want to know exactly what data we keep of you, please contact us.
1.3 What is Personal Data?
Personal Data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. A person is identifiable, if the person can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. This may include data such as e.g. name, email address, telephone number and mailing address. Additionally, Non-Personal Data is any information that cannot be used to identify you, such as anonymised usage statistics.
2. What Personal Data do we process when you visit our Website?
Depending on how you choose to interact with our Website, we collect Personal Data that can be used to identify you. We collect Personal Data to do what you ask us to do, such as sending you newsletters or schedule a product demo with you. Additionally, we collect Non-Personal Data that cannot be used to identify you.
2.1 Newsletter Sign-Up Form
We offer you the possibility to subscribe to our newsletter for free via our Website. The data from the sign-up form will be transmitted to us when you register for the newsletter.
When you fill out the Newsletter Sign-Up Form, then we collect the following information:
- First name and last name
- Your email address
- Date and time of registration
When entering your email address in the Newsletter Sign-Up Form, then you consent - based on Art. 6.1 a) GDPR - to receive 6-8 email updates about our work per year. Those updates can include, but not limited to, information about promotions, events, publications, awards, open vacancies, and software updates.
We use Mailchimp, from the Rocket Science Group LLC located in Atlanta, GA 30308 USA, as a sub-processor to send newsletters. Consequently, we will share your email address with Mailchimp. Mailchimp hosts data processed through its services in the United States, Europe and other countries. You can opt-out of these newsletter communications at any time, by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of any newsletter email. Once you have unsubscribed from our newsletter, we will delete your Personal Data that is stored on Mailchimp.
2.2 Contact Form to request a demo
You can contact us, for instance to request a demo, via a Contact Form on our Website. To use it, you enter your data in the input mask. This data will then be transmitted to us and processed in order to handle your request.
When you submit the Contact Form, we will process the following information:
- Your email address (mandatory field)
- First and last name (mandatory field)
- Date and time of registration
- Message (optional)
When entering your Personal Data in the Contact Form, then you consent - based on Art. 6.1 a) GDPR - that we will get in touch with you to schedule a meeting and send you additional information about our platform. After having submitted the Contact Form, then you can object to us processing the information that you submitted, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We use GSuite - run by Google Ireland Ltd - as a sub-processor to contact you via email. Consequently, we will share your email address with GSuite. GSuite stores email data globally. If the data collection is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose, the data will be deleted. Once an email is deleted, GSuite removes it from its servers within a maximum of 180 days.
2.3 Contact us via email
You can also contact us via email@example.com. We will process the information that you transmit with the e-mail exclusively for the processing of the communication.
If you contact us via email, then Art. 6.1 f) GDPR provides the legal basis; meaning that it is in our legitimate interest to process your Personal Data for the communication. If you then also intend to conclude a contract with us, then Art. 6.1 b) GDPR constitutes the necessary legal basis for the processing; meaning that this processing is based on a contractual relationship.
3. What Non-Personal Data is collected when using our Website?
We use Google Analytics to collect Non-Personal Data about Website visitors. This allows us to monitor the usage of the Website and improve its user experience over time. Your IP address is anonymised, before it is collected by Google Analytics. Consequently, Google Analytics only collects Non-Personal Data, including:
- Location information: Google Analytics tracks the country from which you visit our Website.
- Device information: Google Analytics collects Non-Personal Data about your operating system, browser type, device language, and device.
- Usage statistics: Google Analytics collects Non-Personal Data about your date and time of visit, if you are a new or recurring visitor, pages visited, as well as the channels that led visitors to come to our Website.
4.1 What is a cookie?
A Cookie is a small file that is sent along with pages of this Website and stored by your browser. A persistent cookie stores information for a longer period of time, and will be read by the website when you return. A session cookie is stored only as long as you visit the website. Generally speaking,
4.3 What types of cookies does Skilllab use?
When visiting our Website, we use the following cookies:
Technically necessary cookies: We use technically necessary cookies.
4.4 How can you delete cookies?
As a visitor to our Website, you have full control over the deletion of cookies after each session. You can use your internet browser to automatically or manually delete cookies. You can also specify that certain cookies may not be placed. For more information about these options, please refer to the instructions of your browser:
Furthermore, you can opt-out of any data collection through Google Analytics by installing a Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. Visit www.allaboutcookies.org to learn everything you need to know about managing cookies.
5. Does Skilllab sell or rent my information?
No. we do not share, sell or rent your data with any advertisers or other third parties, unless we have received your consent. Depending on how you interact with our Website, we share your Personal Data with the sub-processors mentioned under 2. Data Processing.
6. How do we keep your Personal Data safe?
We are committed to the security of Personal Data. In line with our Information Security Strategy, we take appropriate security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorised access to Personal Data. This ensures that only the necessary persons have access to your data, that access to the data is protected, and that our security measures are regularly reviewed.
7. What are your rights under GDPR?
GDPR provides a strong foundation for your rights regarding your Personal Data. Skilllab respects and supports these rights. Your rights include:
- Right to Access – Subject to certain conditions, you are entitled to have access to your Personal Data. You may contact Skilllab to request a copy of your Personal Data held by us. We may charge a small fee for this service.
- Right to Rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any Personal Data that you believe is inaccurate. You have a responsibility to help us to keep your Personal Data accurate and up to date.
- Right of Erasure – Subject to certain conditions, you have the right to request us to erase your Personal Data.
- Right to Object to or Restrict Processing – Subject to certain conditions, you have the right to object to or ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to Data Portability – Subject to certain conditions, you are entitled to receive the Personal Data which you have provided to us and which is processed by us by automated means, in a structured, commonly-used machine readable format.
- Right to Withdraw Consent –Where our processing of your Personal Data is based on your consent you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you withdraw your consent, this will only take effect for future processing and is subject to certain conditions based on Skilllab’s legal obligations.
- Right to lodge a complaint – You have the right to file a complaint with your Supervisory Authority, if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner. Should you wish to report a complaint, please visit contact your national Supervisory Authority.
8. How can you contact us?
You can submit a request to exercise your rights via firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
1016 BG Amsterdam
To act on any of the above rights, Skilllab may need to request additional information regarding the specifics of the request as well as confirm your identity. If you make a request, then we have one month to respond to you, once we confirm the validity of the request.